I am so excited that we have Dawn Bennett-Alexander on the episode with us today. I have had the great fortune to watch and see how she has used her legal background with her educational background and blended that so beautifully in the diversity, equity, and inclusion space. Through her work in this space, she has received over 50 awards and recognitions for her work and has also lead a Ted talk on practical diversity, taking inclusion from theory to practice. In our conversation today, she impresses upon us the importance of heart-work and approaching diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging from a place of love and connection.
Topics in this episode
- Engaging with others through the heart
- Corporations can’t just do the work from the top down. Employees must also do the individual work of understanding what diversity, equity, and inclusion mean.
- The important process of unpacking the things that we bring into the workplace
- Most people don’t realize the impact of their actions on other people
- Measuring success within diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging work
- Equality versus equity
Ted Talk: https://youtu.be/ExcDNly1DbI
There is always more space for more people, so make sure you share this episode so we can get more people on this journey with us. We believe here at Uplifting Impact, the more people we have thinking about these issues, working in this space, doing the heart work, and opening their hearts to it, the more impact we can have in the world. So let’s do this together.