I’m super excited because I have my friend Gladys Manzanet here with us today. In addition to being an amazing community leader, she uses her wealth of experience and knowledge within her role at Northwestern Mutual to coach, consult, and support field leadership in their diversity and inclusion efforts. In our conversation, she shares all about what it feels like to have diversity, equity, and inclusion really help move your ideas around sales and help your thinking about how you can bring this into the marketing spaces of your business.
Topics in this episode
- Working with teams that range from 25-150 people
- How coaching and consulting can help make a difference
- Cultural differences that may shape day to day sales interactions for a business
- Systems within our organizations that we may be blind to that aren’t equitable
- Advice for team leaders
- Approaching your team members and asking how it can be a more equitable and inclusive environment for them
- Empowering team members and so that they feel comfortable coming to you
I want to thank Gladys for her time and for sharing her knowledge so we can strengthen our teams and empower team members. To all of you who are listening, thank you for participating. We want to make sure that you’re able to use this content to really help grow and strengthen your leadership because we believe that if you are living in this space and really putting diversity, equity, and inclusion at the forefront of how you’re doing business, we can make a difference in this world.