Are you ready for some serious inspiration? Our latest episode is all about the power of networking, financial stability, and anticipating job loss. We've got the fabulous Lexi Butler in the house, and she's dropping some major knowledge bombs on us.
Lexi knows a thing or two about pivoting careers - she went from fashion to computer science, y'all! And guess what? It was her network that helped her land her dream job. That's right, folks, networking is key! But Lexi doesn't stop there - she also stresses the importance of lifting others up and having a financial advisor to help plan for the future.
But wait, there's more! Lexi gets real about imposter syndrome and how separating pain from failure can help us grow. And did we mention she held a PR internship at Ralph Lauren Couture? Yeah, she's kind of a big deal.
So, grab your headphones and get ready to be uplifted by Lexi and our amazing host. This episode is a game-changer, and we can't wait for you to hear it. Let's do this!
TOPICS IN THIS EPISODE:
- [00:02:00] Fashion internship involved guarding jewels, celebrities.
- [00:05:27] Capricorn cried, found job through shoes.
- [00:09:41] Tech job requires adaptability and flexibility.
- [00:12:27] "Pain can be a blessing, keep going."
- [00:15:46] Supportive black women protected me before layoff.
- [00:18:36] Financial advisor urged focusing on lifestyle planning.
- [00:24:10] Oppression spectrum, living below means, job transition.
- [00:27:03] "Money, networking, and intuition: job survival tips."
- [00:30:26] Podcaster promotes newsletter with live chats.
Lexi Butler on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lexib/
Deanna’s Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/deannasingh/
Justin Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/justin-po%E2%80%A6
Uplifting Impact Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/company/upliftingimpact/
Uplifting Impact YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNs1RS6JqrU7BHeOc5W6SbQ
Uplifting Impact Website: https://www.upliftingimpact.com/?hsLang=en
Other Conversations We’ve Enjoyed